Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Give In To Your Tenderness | March 1, 2016

Inspired by Fr. Greg Boyle's talk at LA Congress 2016.

I Give In To Your Tenderness
By Jen Bedison

Today Lord, let me grow comfy in your tenderness,
nose to nose, and exhausted by “I love you mores.”
As your affection strokes my cheek,
may I never forget that I am your exquisite wine;
cherished and savored.
This of course has nothing to do with my own doing,
but all to do with your radical love.
Love me tender.
Love me true.
Sustain me in the unprotected moments that
sneak into my life.
I surrender to your tenderness, God.
Make it the center of my universe so that
my soul will ventilate the world with light.
Let me BE about it and not just talk about it.
I give in to your tenderness, Lord.
May it soften my heart and break it for what breaks yours.
Let me grow comfy in your tenderness,
nose to nose, and exhausted by “I love you mores.”

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment