Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Found | By Jen Bedison

I wrote this poem on a recent trip to Hawaii where I go when my heart needs mending. It seems like a good one to post on my birthday as it is about new life, promise, and hope. God bless your day. 

FOUND 
By Jen Bedison

I came upon a graveyard of coral
Dry bones bleached by the sun
Once works of art that adorned the walls under the sea
Once the home of rainbows and speckled angels
Now they lie forgotten and abandoned
Piled up beds of memories and lifeless dreams on the shore of thunder
Will anyone but me care for them?
Or collect them?
Or write about them?
Does this dormant sunny burial ground wash away their sin?
Does this death to the old bring new birth?
If I could scoop them all up, I would because their story is important
And I want to tell it, but I can’t save them all
One special shell calls out to me…it’s the only shell here
It asks me a simple question, “do you know?”
As I hold it in my empty hands I reply, “yes”
In the graveyard of coral I hear my Beloved’s voice and
Suddenly I am found
Bleached by the Son
Born again

And no longer the me I used to be




No comments:

Post a Comment