Monday, October 28, 2013

Mercy's Delight


A soft fuzzy light tiptoes across my prayer time.
        It reminds me of my delight in you.
                        The gentleness of its stare
                                                               and the generosity of its warmth
                    help me to see that you are the hidden treasure that longs to be found.

You are buried deep in the dark, murky waters of suffering and loneliness.

Sea monsters deter me.
Waves knock me down.
Sharks attack.

            But you need your little saints (me), to brave the wild and find you:           
                                                                                                              with MERCY.

As I discover you, I discover your heart beating with mine and it takes my breath away
                                                                                                  because I am a sinner.

              But your grace fills my lungs and mercy floods my soul so that I am able
                                                                                                           to exhale my delight back to you.

Help me to tiptoe your mercy into the world so that others will know 
                                                                                          of your soft and fuzzy delight!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment